If you have just moved or you plan to do it soon, this post will be of great interest because it is very likely that one of the first actions you have to perform before finally settling is to get electricity supplier. For this reason, we have compiled all the information you need to know in order to successfully complete the process of getting the electricity supplier in a new flat.
But first of all, you would know how to answer this question: what does it mean to get the power supply? We should not confuse this action with getting an electricity tariff, since they are different processes. Thus, when we speak on this occasion of enlisting the power supply, we refer to its activation as such, in a new development flat in which previously we have not had electricity supply.
What do I need to set up the electricity in my new flat?
Undoubtedly, to set up the electricity in a new flat is essential to be able to carry out your day-to-day activities normally. Although it may seem otherwise, it is a simple and usual process.
From Caralca we want your new beginning with your new home to be as effective as possible. To achieve this, we explain in detail, all the documentation you need to perform the management of set up the electricity in a new flat.
- CUPS code. It is a key used to identify a home or business. This CUPS is used both to identify the electric supplier and the natural gas supplier. This code will help you to set up the electricity as it will be one of the main data that the electricity supplier will request from you when it is time to start the process of lighting in a new floor. If you do not know how to get the CUPS you just have to access any of your invoices or request it from the distributor in your area.
- Electricity Power that you want to have. You must choose the power that best suits your home, according to the needs you want to cover. The more appliances you want to use simultaneously, the more power you’ll need. But remember that it must always be less than the maximum power authorized by the CIE.
- Physical address of your new flat.
- Contract holder. To register the electricity supply in a new apartment you will also have to provide your personal information and bank account number, which will be included in the contract.
- Electrical installation certificate, if expired. Since we are referring to a new flat, you will have to provide this official document to verify that the installation of the supply is suitable and meets the necessary requirements.
Once you have gathered all this information required to register the electricity supply in a new flat, the distribution company will take charge of bringing the energy to your home in a period of 5 to 7 days. From here, you just have to start enjoying your new home creating stories with your family and living great moments.